Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer at least one day each year at an official Watch D.O.G.S. school. Watch D.O.G.S. is a nationally recognized K-12 program where volunteers provide an additional security presence at the school and help with a variety of tasks during the day, including but not limited to monitoring the entrance and doorways, assisting with the loading of buses and cars, observing the cafeteria and lunch recess, helping with front office errands, and aiding in the classroom as applicable.
Watch D.O.G.S. is one of the nation’s largest and most respected school-based, family, and community engagement organizations in the country. Please visit this website for more information https://dadsofgreatstudents.com/. Watch D.O.G.S. was created in 1998 in Arkansas, and currently more than 6,800 schools across the country participate in the program. Each school year hundreds of thousands of fathers and father-figures make a positive impact on children by volunteering millions of hours in their local schools through this amazing one-of-a-kind program.
Sign Up Calendar
Volunteer using the Watch D.O.G.S. Calendar.
2021-2022 Procedures & Protocols
Report to the front office to receive a safety vest, building keys, a radio, and a program pamphlet with further information/instructions. Volunteers must wear a mask indoors at all times.
- How/Where do I volunteer? Sign up using the calendar link.
- When do I volunteer? Choose a date that works in your schedule.
- How many Watch D.O.G.S. are allowed per day? 1 volunteer per day.
- How many hours per day? Most volunteers come for the entire school day (8:00 to 2:30), but any amount of time is acceptable.
- How often is the commitment? Volunteers may come as much or as little as possible/feasible.
- Do I need any special training? No.
- Are women allowed? The program is intended for men, but any adult is allowed/welcome.
Maple Grove Watch D.O.G.S. coordinator – Mike Griffeth
(303) 482-7303, email@example.com.